2017 GCSE Exam Performance
Lea Valley is delighted to share the excellent results achieved by our GCSE students. There were many individual success stories, including the noteworthy achievements of four exceptional students who secured 29 A*/A grades between them as well as four 9 grades in Maths and English. The success of our students is testament to their hard work and dedication throughout their time at Lea Valley and is richly deserved.
Impressive subject highlights from the Lea Valley 2017 GCSE exam results include:
- 29% A*-A grades in Chemistry with 98% A*-C grades and a 100% pass rate.
- 20% of pupils achieved A*-A grades in Biology with 97% A*-C grade and a 100% pass rate.
- 20% achieved A*-A in Physics with 85% A*-C grades and 100% pass rate.
- 67% A-C grades in Spanish, 15% of which achieved A grades and a 100%
- 15% achieving A*-A grade in French, 88% achieving A*-C and 100% pass rate.
- 47% achieved an A grade in Italian, 87% A-C grades and 100% pass rate.
- 87% A-C grades in PE, 18% of which achieved an A grade and a 100%
- 69% A-C grades in Dance, 15% of which achieved an A grade and a 100%
- 98% pass rate for Art, 68% of which is A-C grade.
In addition to the overall highlights, there have been some outstanding individual performances:
Danilo achieved 8 in English Literature, 9 in Maths and A* grades in Chemistry, Biology, Physics, History, French and Music and will be studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Music for A Level at Eton. He believes that his GCSE results are the first stepping stone to achieving it ambition to study Maths at Oxford University.
May achieved an incredible 12 GCSEs, including a 9 in English Literature as well as A*s in French and Religious Studies. She is looking ahead to her career in medicine which will be kick started by her A Level studies at Lea Valley in Maths, Chemistry and Biology.
Zeliha achieved 9 in English Literature, 7 in English, 7 in Maths and A*/A grades in Chemistry, Biology, Physics, History, French, and Turkish. She attributes the teachers at Lea Valley with providing her with the skills and additional resources she needed in order to achieve a fantastic set of results. Zeliha hopes to train as a surgeon following her A Level studies in Chemistry, Biology, Psychology and History.
Speaking of her results Zeliha said: “It’s never too early to start putting in the work and committing to your studies. Use the teachers, they are dedicated and brilliant”.
With these results, the school’s aspirational students have established firm foundations for future academic and professional success. Many students receiving their results today are returning to Lea Valley Sixth Form in September, and look forward to the exciting next steps in their chosen subjects.