Working at Lea Valley
Lea Valley: A successful school where teachers are valued and careers progress
Lea Valley strive to create an inspiring learning environment that encourages high expectations where every student can reach their potential, strive for success and embrace limitless opportunities.
Our staff are integral to working towards our vision and ensure our values of aspiration, innovation and respect are lived out. Together, we aspire to create an atmosphere where all our students are valued and supported as individuals, enabling them to grow into independent and confident learners and to achieve their potential.
Lea Valley is recognised as a ‘good school’ with excellent leadership and management. We are ranked third in the London Borough of Enfield secondary schools for student progress and the top 22% of schools nationally. Ofsted and IQM have recognised our commitment to our staff and students.
Our vision is to develop our young people into confident and ambitious adults, who strive to succeed and push themselves to secure a future in Russell Group universities and successful career paths in the modern world.
This School Continues to be Good. The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the last inspection. Your unwaveringly high aspirations for pupils drive the school’s improvement plans. Leaders continue to focus sharply on pupils’ welfare and achievement. Consequently, pupils feel safe and happy at your school and outcomes are improving.Ofsted
Lea Valley is a school where students have high expectations of themselves and where staff go the extra mile to realise these ambitions. Our commitment to academic excellence and improved life chances is shared across our school community. Our success lies in the positive and safe community that flourishes here at Lea Valley, and the excellent relationships that exist between staff and students. We are a large school and our students tell our visitors that we are ‘a family’. IQM, Centre of Excellence, May 2016
By joining the team at Lea Valley, you will become part of a supportive, energetic community where your well-being and workload matter. You will receive a personalised career development programme (CPL).
Beyond your personal career progression, you will have access to a wide range of benefits, be part of a dedicated and ambitious team, and will have the opportunity to take part in social activities in and around our bustling local community.
Our location in north London is ideal for young professionals keen to explore what London has to offer, and families looking to get on the property ladder in a more affordable part of London.
We are looking for talented and ambitious staff, who are dedicated to helping our students reach their full potential. If this sounds like you, please contact me directly, I would love to invite you to meet our amazing students and staff.
What does Lea Valley have to offer you?
Our staff will be supported through a planned induction period, where procedures and policies are shared and the school’s expectations and key qualities are communicated. Staff can expect a thorough introduction to the school, from the layout to the staff teams, as well as support in identifying training needs and development opportunities.
There is a great sense of community within the school and an incredibly supportive ethos is apparent.
S. Gibson, Head of School
Teaching benefits include:
• Five hours of non-contact time per week for every teacher.
• Laptop for each member of staff.
• Excellent ICT facilities within classrooms and large multimedia rooms including Apple Mac computers.
• Extended staff opening hours.
• A large library for teachers and students with a large bank of resources.
• Staff well-being programme.
Investing in you
Your professional development is important to us. We ensure that each career development plan is bespoke to each staff member and based on your experience and personal needs. IQM assessors have recognised the development opportunities created for staff alongside our commitment to sharing best practice.
Lea Valley strives to create a culture that encourages continual learning. We fervently believe in supporting the whole school workforce through providing CPD opportunities that are personalised, relevant and contribute to teaching and learning.
The school embraces 21st Century pedagogy and innovation, realising that in a rapidly changing environment such as education, staff should have the opportunity to develop their skills and knowledge in order to empower them to perform their roles competently and professionally.
As a national support school we have developed links with others schools both locally and nationally. This creates opportunities for our staff to share their expertise and support schools in challenging circumstances. This is invaluable when progressing up the career ladder in education.
We understand the role our staff play in the creation and of our curriculum and the students learning environment.We have established partnerships with local universities, Schools Direct and Teach First in order to support staff who want to complete postgraduate studies.
We strive to enhance your work life balance.
Professional environment with exceptional access and links
Our multi-million building has improved our working environment immensely. Staff benefit from access to:
• A fully equipped fitness suite; free of charge for all staff to use.
• Large Astroturf pitch following a personalised induction section
A timetable of free weekly keep fit classes and sporting activities
• Fully furbished Science and Technology labs.
State of the art Dance and Drama studios
• Large, comfortable staffroom opening onto the courtyard with tea and coffee facilities.
A good location
Enfield is a good location in which to work. Here are just some of the reasons why:
Affordable housing costs compare to other London locations
• Good transport links into central London – 30 minutes by train via Turkey Street and Waltham Cross over ground stations.
• Enfield Town is minutes away and famous shopping centres such as Westfield, Lakeside and Brent Cross are accessible within 40 minutes. They offer the latest in high street and designer stores as well as many restaurants, bars and leisure facilities
• Borders Hertfordshire and Essex, providing a unique and enviable blend of suburban and urban life.
Good access to motorway links via M25/M11/M1
Lea Valley has served as a great inspiration for our local community as the students have graduated to become worthwhile citizens in London and indeed the world.
H. Laghzali, Teaching Assistant
Lea Valley is unique in the sense that it has an undefinable quality, a soul, a heartbeat
G. Haines. Senior Assistant Principal.
Going that extra mile
Staff at Lea Valley are entitled to a range of financial and personal benefits, which include, but are not limited to:
- Financial incentive packages including childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes.
- Free onsite parking for all staff.
- A range of sports and holistic classes for physical and spiritual well-being (including Meditation and Yoga).
- A well-being committee, dedicated to championing employee benefits and workplace rewards.
- Staff social events throughout the year.
- Work life balance
- Pension schemes
- Access to our brand new state-of-the art facilities with plentiful resources
- Use of our facilities including the gym