Moving from primary school to secondary school is a very important step in the life of a child and their family. It is an exciting time in the life of every child, and at Lea Valley we ensure that the transition is easy and enjoyable for both students and their parents and carers.
What Year 7 students say:
If I had to choose one word to describe Lea Valley it would be 'excellent.' I consider myself lucky to be at this school.
Teachers are very caring and they are always there when you need to talk to someone.
The lessons are fun and you can enjoy them while learning.
It is easy to make friends there are lots of things to do together.
My experience at Lea Valley has been wonderful since starting Year 7. I really enjoy the clubs that you can attend at lunchtime.
There are so many great opportunities at the school and I felt welcomed right from the beginning.
Our induction programme
The Induction programme of activities starts the moment a child is offered a place at Lea Valley. Here are some of the key features:
- Friendship Afternoon for every student who has been offered a place - come and make new friends, and try out some subjects.
- Tour of the school for new parents and an opportunity to meet our staff and students.
- One to one interviews with each and every family - getting to know your child, their strengths, skills and special talents.
- Introduction day with taster lessons and lunchtime activities to get to know The Lea Valley Academy.
- Team building activities
- Get to know your tutor group activities
- Pairing with a Year 8 buddy
- A Sixth Form mentor
We are here to help your child fulfil their potential as they start their next stage in their education.