Free School Meal
You may be entitled to a benefit to support your child’s education and in addition, they will receive a daily free school meal.
Applications are available at the school front office.
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they are in on 31 March 2022.
Free School Meals - Year 6 into Year 7 students:
Children currently in receipt of free school meals in Year 6 will automatically have their FSM award transferred to Year 7 at secondary school. However, parents must complete a new application form where children join our school from out of the borough.
Free School Meals - Year 12 students:
Pupil’s currently in Year 11 receiving FSM who stay on at school into the sixth form, will have their FSM award automatically transferred to Year 12 providing it is the same school. Application forms are required from parents for any new student to our sixth form, whether or not the previous school was in Enfield.