Lea Valley Uniform
Blazer - Plain dark navy with school logo (must be worn or carried over arm at all times)
'V' neck jumper - Plain dark navy with school logo
Skirt - Straight or box pleat in dark navy or Trousers - Plain tailored dark navy
Shirt - White
Tie - School tie
Socks - Plain navy (Knee high socks)
Shoes - Black with low or flat heels (trainers are not acceptable)
Outdoor coats - Plain navy or black (must not have a non-school logo)
There should be no head-wear at all in school. Baseball caps will be confiscated. If your child needs to wear a headscarf for religious observance, this must be plain black or dark navy.
Other essential information regarding student dress code and equipment:
- Students are expected to bring a school rucksack or bag large enough to carry books and A4 exercise books
- All students to bring a pencil case with black, green pens, a ruler, a rubber, a pencil, a sharpener, white board pen and a scientific calculator
- Students are not allowed to wear sweatshirts or “hoodies” which are not part of our uniform these will be confiscated if worn in school (See preparation for learning)
- Leggings/Jeggings and other tight fitting trousers are not allowed
- There should be no hats/scarves at all in school - baseball caps and bandanas will be confiscated.
- Hoods on coats are not allowed to be worn up in and around school, the only exception to this is if students are outside in the rain.
- Mobile phones will be confiscated if seen. (see Behaviour for Learning)
PE Kit (with school logo)
- White polo shirt
- Navy blue shorts
- Navy blue socks
- Navy blue tracksuit top
- Navy blue tracksuit bottoms
Trainers with non-marking soles, Shin pads / mouth guards (are recommended but optional)
Jewellery and Make-up
Jewellery and make-up are not considered appropriate for school. However, if students have pierced ears, they should wear only studs (one per ear), one discrete nose stud is permitted. No other facial or body piercings are allowed.
A maximum of one small ring may be worn on the finger. NB Rings must be removed for PE and Technology lessons, and the school will not accept liability for the loss of jewellery.
Light make-up is permitted but must be applied prior to arriving in school and not applied in school. False nails and eye lashes are not appropriate for school and therefore are not permitted.
Hairstyles must be of a conventional nature. Shaving patterns into the hair or dying hair in unnatural colours is not acceptable.
You can obtain your Lea Valley uniform from:
Lyons School Shop
242 Hertford Road
Tel: 020 8804 3627
Monday – Saturday: 9:00 am – 5:30 pm